The Regent’s Canal at 200
January 28 @ 7:15 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Illustrated historical talk by Lester Hillman at the Camden Local Studies Centre
The completed Regent’s Canal opened in 1820 and the colourful festivities set off from today’s York Way (Maiden Lane) Camden. George IV came to the throne on 29th January 1820.
At the bicentenary of the King, (who put ‘Regent’ in the Canal and ‘King’ in King’s Cross), Lester Hillman explores Camden at a dramatic crossroads.
At the Camden Local Studies and Archives Centre, Second Floor, Holborn Library, 32-38 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8PA.
Doors open at 6.45pm
Featured image courtesy of the Camden Local Studies and Archives Centre